If you are sick, unsure of what is wrong, or struggling to make the changes you need to get your body back on track, autoimmune issues could be the culprit. After 18 years of dealing with a variety of health issues that left her questioning her own mental state, Angie found healing by getting to the root cause of her issues and never giving up. Now, Angie is an advocate for helping others understand their diseases and empower themselves through knowledge.
About Angie Alt
Angie is changing the game in the way we understand autoimmune diseases, creating a new diet for autoimmunity that is making waves in the medical community, and empowering others to listen to their body and stand up for your symptoms. She is telling us all about her SAD to AIP in 6 program, which foods you should increase or decrease depending on your autoimmunity, and why it is not all about subtraction when it comes to AIP. We are diving into everything from anti-inflammatory fats, to supporting your liver and when it is time to consult a professional.
By mixing Western and natural medicine to find the perfect balance for you, you too can help your immune system function better by feeding it what it needs to help you heal. If you have a recent autoimmune diagnosis or have been dealing with autoimmunity for years, Angie is a wonderful resource for anyone looking to prioritize their health.
How does your story relate to Angie’s? Let us know in the comments below!
On Today’s Episode
- Navigating the tricky waters of autoimmune diseases and protocols
- Lifestyle and nutrition factors to help you empower yourself with knowledge
- Understanding endometriosis, Hashimoto’s, celiac disease, and more
- Ways to cope with integrating large dietary changes into your life
- Tapping into the positive energy of being your own personal health champion
Resources Mentioned In This Show
- Auto Immune Wellness Website
- SAD to AIP in SIX Week Program
- The Autoimmune Wellness Podcast
- The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf
“I jumped right in and six months later it was like I had a new body, and a year later I changed everything about my life including my career to help other people with this” (17:41)
“You can only do what you can do at the time with the information that you have, and when you know better you do better” (19:49)
“Combining these two methods, [traditional medicine] and [natural medicine], if that’s what you need, is really worthwhile” (26:29)
“The goal with autoimmune disease is your personal highest level of wellness, and using all the tools in the toolbox to get there is totally worth it” (31:41)
“Your goal should be to arrive at an individual diet that is the least restrictive and the most nourishing for you. Whatever diet is giving you the greatest degree of health with the least restriction, that’s your ultimate goal” (41:08)
Join the HTK Community
- Join the Harder to Kill Club on Facebook
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter for new podcast alerts and more
Thanks for Listening! Now, Do This…
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes!
- Let me know what resonated for you in the comments below.
- Pin this for later.