Time for your Whole30 Week 2 Check-In!
You’re about to embark on the second week of the Whole30, and my sincerest hope is that you’re doing well. Likely, you’re over some of the Week 1 jitters and nerves and you’re getting a bit more comfy wrapping your brain around this whole thing. You may be hitting a groove with meal preparation and just overall be feeling more settled.
Things may not be all roses, though.
It’s possible you’re still experiencing a case of Carb Flu: The foggy, fatigued, light-headed, irritable feeling that comes along with cleaning up your diet. It’s completely normal. Why? If you’ve been eating a crappy diet before—likely one with a large quantity of processed carbs—your body has relied on that cheap, easy sugar for energy. (Mid-afternoon energy slumps in your pre-Whole30 are a big indicator of that.) Now, though, you’re challenging your body to rely on your fat stores for fuel and that is not something your body goes along with willingly at first.
There is hope!
Trust that—if you’re sticking to the plan—it should pass within day 7-10. (Of course, some of you may be different. Perhaps you had no real symptoms or it lasted a shorter amount of time.) What to do?
- Treat yourself extra-nicely. Make some extra time for R & R.
- Don’t have any lofty expectations for your workouts.
- Eat *all* the food you should be. Quite often, trying to cut back on food can make it worse.
- Stay hydrated.
- Make sure you’re sleeping enough.
Once it passes—and it will—the good stuff will happen: energy on an even keel, mental clarity, stability in your mood, better sleep. Just stick with it!
Here are some awesome resources in case you need some inspiration:
- The brand new Whole30 website
- Whole30 2014 Week 1 Meal Plan from The Clothes Make the Girl
- Whole30 2014 Week 2 Meal Plan from The Clothes Make the Girl
- Whole30 2014 Week 3 Meal Plan from The Clothes Make the Girl
- 30 Whole30 Breakfasts from Meatified
- 30 Whole30 Lunches from Meatified
- 30 Whole30 Dinners from Meatified
- It Starts with Food from Whole9Life